On March 30th 2017, at Convention Center of Tien Giang Province, Mr. Le Van Huong, Chairman of Tien Giang Province People's Committee, presides over The First Business Dialogue in 2017. Mr. Pham Anh Tuan, Vice Chairman of Tien Giang Province People's Committee, leaders of departments, divisions and unions of Tien Giang Province, People's Committee of districts, towns and cities, and more than 40 businesses are present.
|Chairman of the Dialogue|
At the Dialogue, Mr. Tran Van Dung, Director of Department of Planning and Investment reports the results of solved difficulties and questions of the businesses and the information on socio-economic situation and business development in the first quarter of 2017.
In 2016, Tien Giang Province holds three meetings of Business Dialogue with 200 businesses, more than 40 businesses and cooperatives with 58 proposals answered by concerned local departments and divisions, and Department of Planning and Investment informs the results of the resolution. (49 over 58 business proposals are resolved). Some proposals of the businesses are considered and resolved, such as:
|Participants in the Dialogue|
1. Tien Giang Mechanical Joint Stock Company proposes the consideration of sanctioning administrative violations in environmental protection field.
Tien Giang People's Committee issues Decision No. 2261/QD-UBND dated August 15th 2016 regarding the revocation of Decision No. 205/QD-XPHC dated January 21st 2016 of Vice Chairman of Tien Giang People's Committee regarding sanctioning administrative violations in environmental protection field
2. Simone Vietnam Handbag Company Limited proposes to separate its power network from the power grid outside the industrial park.
Tien Giang Power Company prepares the document, allocates investment capital with the volume of 0.659 km of medium voltage lines, so far the project has been completed and put into operation in October 2016.
Representative of Long Giang Industrial park proposes the electricity
3. Long Giang Industrial Park Development Company Limited proposes the fact that Tan Ly Dong Market has not been relocated, and it encroaches 866B road, seriously affecting the transportation of raw materials into the industrial zone in particular and traffic safety in general.
Currently, Tan Ly Dong Market is completely built and put into use.
4. Tan My Chanh General Agricultural Business Cooperative strongly recommends medium-voltage power investment to facilitate the early operation of the slaughter:
Tien Giang Power Company is working on a 1,215-meter medium-voltage transmission line along Kinh Noi B Road passing through the planned site of the slaughterhouse in Binh An Hamlet, Song Binh Commune. 11/14 pillars are installed - the location of the slaughterhouse is located at No. 9. However, one household does not allow building the last three pillars. The electricity sector is coordinating with the locality to convince this household.
5. Tien Giang Petroleum Company proposes the lease of land and land plots that the company wins the land rental price.
Tien Giang Province People's Committee grants the land use certificate to Tien Giang Petroleum Company on February 02nd 2017.
6. Giang Ngoc Co., Ltd. is involved in the project of processing factory, producing medical mattresses and garment, located in District 18 Road, Binh Hoa Dong Hamlet, Binh Nhi Commune, Go Cong Tay District.
On February 20th 2017, Department of Natural Resources and Environment signs Contract of land lease No. 544/HDTD with Giang Ngoc Co., Ltd.
Mr. Le Van Huong, Chairman of Tien Giang People's Committee is
discussing with the businesses.
In addition, there are some other recommendations that are being monitored by the relevant departments, such as:
1. Tien Giang Food Company proposes difficulties in implementing Decree No. 210/2013/ND-CP dated December 19th 2013 by the Government.
Currently Ministry of Planning and Investment is drafting a decree amending Decree No. 210/2013/ND-CP dated December 19th 2013 by the Government (the third version), Department of Agriculture and Rural Development has cooperated with Department of Planning and Investment to contribute comments on the draft decree relating to the recommendations of the businesses.
2. SD private enterprise proposes to consider the amendment of difficulties and obstacles in the application of technical standards in the wood industry of Vietnam.
Department of Agriculture and Rural Development issues Report No. 312/BC-SNN&PTNT dated July 2nd 2016 to Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, which proposed and recommended MARD soon Criteria for classifying forest product processing and trading establishments according to the provisions of Clause 4, Article 26 of Circular No. 01/2012/TT-BNNPTNT dated January 04th 2012, in order to reduce the certification procedures of forest ranger offices with the origin of forest products after processing from imported wood, the wood after the confiscation. However, MARD has not yet issued criteria for classifying forest product processing and trading establishments.
3. Hansae Tien Giang Co., Ltd. recommends for remedying the odor caused by Tong Wei Co., Ltd.
Department of Natural Resources and Environment is continuing to monitor and oversee Tong Wei Vietnam's environmental remediation commitments. According to the plan, in the second quarter of 2017, the Department will organize the inspection of environmental protection and odor treatment at Tong Wei Co., Ltd under Plan No. 729/KH-STNMT dated March 01st 2017 of Department of Natural Resources and Environment.
4. Sunjin Vina Mekong Co., Ltd and Nissei Electric My Tho Co., Ltd (Long Giang Industrial park) suggests: To take measures to ensure a stable source of electricity to help the company and other businesses in Long Giang Industrial Park to operate more effectively.
According to Department of Industry and Trade (report from the investors), the progress of construction investment up to now is as follows:
- 110 kV line of Long Giang IP (4.8 km long, invested by Southern Power Corporation), currently has 03 foundations constructed in Long Giang Industrial Park;
- 110kV transformer station of Long Giang Industrial Park (1x63MVA invested by Long Giang Company) is under construction. The construction units are constructing fences, equipment basement, emergency oil tank, fire prevention and treatment tank, etc.
5. Dong Nam Textile Joint Stock Company is involved in Project of Garment Factory at District 16 Road, Thanh An Village, Thanh Tri Commune, Go Cong Tay District. Currently, Dong Nam Textile Joint Stock Company is working on the expansion of the area, so the company has not performed environmental impact assessment. Go Cong Tay District is supporting the company to expand the area.
6. Viet Hung Co., Ltd. involves the encroachment at the wharf and the road to the production site of the Company:
Currently, Department of Natural Resources and Environment coordinates with Cai Be District People's Committee to organize a survey delegation and Department of Natural Resources and Environment issues Statement No. 970/STNMT-TTr dated March 15th 2017 to consider the proposed solution: Chairman of Cai Be District People's Committee is assigned to:
(1) Direct Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Division of Economic and Infrastructure and People's Committee of Hau Thanh Commune to regularly monitor if Le Hoang Minh is found to have acted as a roof to encroach on roads, thus obstructing traffic. Make a record immediately and handle seriously; Invited Mr. Minh to work to ask him to stop the receiving behavior of Viet Hung Company Limited; Verify the origin of land area of 7.9 m2 - Mr. Le Hoang Minh is using (not yet granted the land use right certificate) and proposed handling under regulations; (2) Coordinate with Department of Transportation, Southern Inland Waterways Sub-Department to definitely handle 03 concrete piles on canal 28 in Nguyen Thi Thu Hoa household; (3) Mr. Nguyen Van Don (Director of Viet Hung Co., Ltd.) explained that Mr. Dung's request to handle the dam was not a basis.
7. Long Thuan Private Enterprise recommends supporting the certification of scientific and technological business.
Department of Science and Technology instructs Long Thuan Private Enterprise to certify scientific and technological business in accordance with the regulations. However, up to now, the business has not sent its staff to Department of Science and Technology to coordinate to compile dossiers as prescribed.
8. Huu Que Construction Co., Ltd. recommends the consultancy and guidance for the support of non-baked materials:
Department of Science and Technology has developed the plan and guided Huu Que Company in detail the work to be done to support equipment investment with the funds for scientific and technological development; business income tax incentives to reduce costs. However, up to now, Que Huu Company has not yet compiled the dossier as prescribed to be certified as a scientific and technological business.
9. My Tho hydropower transport cooperative continues to reflect on the operation of Duy Quy Co., Ltd:
Department of Transportation has invited the Director of the Cooperative to work directly on the citizen scheduling, through the meeting the Director of the Cooperative also recognizes the passenger transportation under the contract, not only in Tien Giang but also in the whole country. Therefore, the Director of the Cooperative asked the leaders of Department of Transport to exchange with the provincial police leaders to take measures to inspect the handling, if detecting the violation, and the leaders of Department of Transport works with Police Department on this issue.
At this Dialogue, Mr. Cao Dung Khanh, Director of Quang Minh Export Cooperative, said that the cooperative has 200 workers in the workshop and 4,000 to 5,000 satellite laborers. In 2016, the cooperative reaches the export turnover of over 3 million USD, with the US market, Europe, etc. paying business income tax of over VND 1.8 billion. At present, cooperative difficulties are land lease of My Tho City from 2005 to 2025, but now My Tho City wants to get back the land to do the public works. The cooperative proposed My Tho City People's Committee and Tien Giang Province People's Committee to continue to pay attention to cooperative leasing land for long-term production, contributing to creating the employment for laborers and increasing export turnover, etc.
Mr. Nguyen Van Nam, Director of Tien Giang Transport Joint Stock Company has three recommendations: Go Cong bus route remains the same route; commune bus route. Cai Lay also follows the old route (not in Cai Lay Bus Station) and the route is not shortened; if the business invests in a bus project, they should invest in a new vehicle.
Mr. Luong Long Hiep, Director of 2030 Food Company, providing food safety for the kitchen of schools and industrial parks, states: the company cooperates with the cooperative for fresh vegetables of Go Cong to buy products; the company aspires to support the province, introducing land lease of about 2,000 m2, to store storage, preliminary processing, packaging; Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Department of Quality Management of agro-forestry products are expected to support the company. At the same time, the company proposes the tax department: For the businesses directly purchasing agricultural products, tax should be directly calculated on the turnover rather than deduction method.
Hoa, a business in Ho Chi Minh City suggests the province pay attention to allowing the business to participate in the night market project in My Tho City.
Other businesses present their opinions on electricity and transportation, etc. that should be more convenient, timely meet production and business needs.
After listening to comments, proposals of the businesses, a representative of leaders of local departments answers and promises to continue to help the businesses solve their difficulties and develop production and business.
Speech given by Mr. Le Van Huong, Chairman of Tien Giang Province
At the Dialogue, Mr. Le Van Huong, Chairman of Tien Giang Province People's Committee affirms the determination to promote the development of the businesses and the desire of the investors to do business in Tien Giang Province. In the past, Tien Giang Province People's Committee has received lots of opinions of business, and then assigned the competent authorities to actively guide, answer, bring all favorable conditions for the businesses to operate more effectively, and there are some great results. For each specific proposal at this Dialogue, Mr. Le Van Huong clearly assigns the responsibility for each department and locality to resolve within a specified time, and then report the progress and results to People's Committee and the businesses. Tien Giang Province People's Committee will continue to help the businesses in time to resolve difficulties to actively contribute to the economic and social development of Tien Giang province.
Author: Quang Thinh - Photo: Tan Huy